Donations to Discovery

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bike Tech Talk...

I'll cover more of this in the last days of this Tour but I wanted to throw out an Atta Boy to...

Bontrager for their LT3 26x2.0 Hardcase Plus Triple Flat Protection tires. 

http://bontrager.com/model/08058

1 flat in 2105 miles under carried loads as high as 75# plus my 185# ass at speeds up to 45 mph and over surfaces from rock to dirt to California's Santa Monica Boulevard....

Which was worse than any trail or rocky road i've been on. 

Got a set of 700x28 Hardcase Lites on my Trek 1500 and have had the same experience with them through over 1500 miles of heavily loaded touring. 

I'm sold. 

No other tires will ever be on one of my bikes. 

2 comments:

  1. Great advertising. Glad you had good service out of those tires. It was one less thing for you to have to worry about. So glad you have had a realitively safe long trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only advertise what I have tried and proven to work for me.

    These tires are the best.

    Normally, I have 1 flat every 250 miles.

    I have has 1 flat in 2150 miles.

    ReplyDelete