Donations to Discovery

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

I'm just a Simple Man....

With a lot of Shit going on in my Mind, Body and Spirit.

The word "Intense" keeps popping up in conversations I'm having with people and the description is pointed at me.

I get it. I'm used to it.

And yeah.... I resemble that remark.

Maybe it's the 3 cups of strong coffee I have every morning or the 20 minutes of stretching and exercises I do to get this aging body in a somewhat normal running or rather walking mode or all the good food and supplements I consume.

Or it could be the 6 - 8 hours of rock and metal music I listen to everyday.

Or the excitement I get from downshifting down to 2nd on 420 horses of Coyote 5.0 wedged underneath the long hood of the Lady in Red I call my 2014 Mustang GT and punching that bitch to the floor and feeling her ass swing left and right down Cerillos while leaving some Pirelli P-Zeros on the pavement.

Nothing like having a beautiful woman's ass move beneath you.  You feel me?

Or putting my broken and pained body through an hour and a half of Gary Dinh Torture aka a customized Praxis workout designed to restore the same broken and pained body and make it stronger, faster and with a bigger engine.

Or feeling the music of a good live band make an electrical current through my body that makes it twitch, pop and curl to every note.

Or standing on the top of a 12000' ridge breathless and wondering at how lucky I am to enjoy the beauty surrounding me.

Or the way I look her in the eyes and make her feel what I feel for her even if there is no return of the same.

Yeah I'm an intense mother fucker and one of these days I'm gonna meet an intense daddy fucker.

One who doesn't turn her head or shade her eyes from the Sun that burns so bright.

And who runs toward the Fight and not away from it.

Someone who meets My Intensity with the Same Intensity of her own.

And who accepts who I am and what I am and doesn't envision the changes required to make me what she wants me to be.

It takes a lot of Energy and Effort to deal with a person like me.

But it's worth it.

Because I put the same Intensity into the Love I show to those I choose to be with.

And when all the Intensity is said and done, I'm just a....

Simple Man.

I love my Family..... I love my Country.... and one of these days.....

I'll love my Woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgFQ6WmxdMs

2 comments:

  1. His response:
    In the end analysis - it’s my blog and so I will take whatever literary license I choose to get the point across.

    Thanks for reading and for your feedback.

    My Comment:
    Read your blog on “Me too”. I was subject to a mother contemplating stabbing herself to death while I pleaded for her not to. Not a pretty picture and certainly adding to my insecurity, to say the least. However, this does not equate to sexual harassment. Also your recent sexual encounter you wrote about sounds like mutual consent. I am missing the point of “Me too”. In addition, I know plenty of men who benefited from their divorce from a woman. This is not the type of sexual harassment that the “Me Too” voice is speaking to. Beatings, sexual coercion, using power over the defenseless for sexual favors, and rape is what this is all about. Please explain your take on this ~ with the knowledge that people manipulate others, which may not fall in the realm of sexual harassment and more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To all my readers...

    My esteemed commenter failed to include the full text of the dialog so I am providing it here....

    Her comment:

    Read your blog on “Me too”. I was subject to a mother contemplating stabbing herself to death while I pleaded for her not to. Not a pretty picture and certainly adding to my insecurity, to say the least. However, this does not equate to sexual harassment. Also your recent sexual encounter you wrote about sounds like mutual consent. I am missing the point of “Me too”. In addition, I know plenty of men who benefited from their divorce from a woman. This is not the type of sexual harassment that the “Me Too” voice is speaking to. Beatings, sexual coercion, using power over the defenseless for sexual favors, and rape is what this is all about. Please explain your take on this ~ with the knowledge that people manipulate others, which may not fall in the realm of sexual harassment and more.

    My Comment:

    My interpretation was a bit broader.

    Basically men being taken advantage of by women - physically, financially and in some ways - sexually.

    In the end analysis - it’s my blog and so I will take whatever literary license I choose to get the point across.

    Thanks for reading and for your feedback.

    Her comment:

    The “Me too’

    The “Me too” was a focus as opposed to being broader. Yes, it is your blog and I would hope you care about the authenticity to your readers.

    My Comment:

    Well when you talk about men being physically abused by women that’s about as close to Me Too as you can get so I guess I’m missing your point.

    My Comment:

    I mean having a big strong woman grab you by the throat and try to kill you is pretty abusive.

    Her Comment:

    Agreed, but that is the only incident that you cited in your blog that could be interpreted as abusive. The rest is relating your own anger toward women who have been less than expected ~ the cheating wife and the divorce settlements.

    My Comment:

    I disagree. All of the other events were emotional or financial abuse.

    It’s the gift that keeps giving.

    Her Comment:

    Again ~ that is not what the “Me too” stands for.

    My Comment:

    That’s exactly what I would expect a woman to say.

    That’s why I wrote the post.

    Her Comment:

    FYI ~ I do know men who unfortunately qualify for “Me Too”.

    ReplyDelete