Donations to Discovery

Thursday, February 11, 2016

There's No Going Back!

Another past hang up of  mine was....

Being hung up on the past.

I used to say, "Man - if I just hadn't done this.... or that.... I would've been so much better off".

In retrospect, it was just plain stupid.  I spent... no.... wasted too much time dwelling on the past.

Yeah - you do have to spend a little time reflecting on your past - long enough to realize what you did wrong and learn from your mistakes.

The learnings may help you in the present or they may not.

A lot of the mistakes I made were a product of being a different person than I am now so while we must accept and embrace the fact that our Past makes us Who We Are Today, there may be limited benefit in spending too much time contemplating and applying it.

And here's the biggest problem with Living in the Past....

It keeps you from Living in the Present.

Pretty simple concept but it has an incredible impact on the most important thing for you today....

Which is Today.

Let me make it even simpler.

You create your Past with every thought and action you are engaging in RIGHT NOW.

Consider that the next time you start to say something negative, critical or derisive to someone....

As usual, this little dissertation in dissidence was inspired by a piece of music I was listening to....



















So when you go to sleep tonight and you spend that last few minutes of wakefulness reflecting on the day, just remember, there are no Rewinds in Life, No Instant Replays and No Challenge Flags you can throw on the field in protest.....

There's No Going Back!

https://youtu.be/wLvHws3wzi0

"There's No Going Back"

I had a plan and it made God laugh
It didn't work, should've checked the math
I hit the wall 'cause I live too fast
I didn't know it could hurt that bad

I clung to hope when there was none
I should've known that was so dumb

(Whoa oh oh oh)
(Whoa oh oh oh)

I was a dick when I was seventeen,
I thought the world owed me everything
But who I am and who I'll never be
Is all the shit that happens in between

(Whoa oh oh oh)
(Whoa oh oh oh)

There's no going back,
When life's a loaded gun, you pull the trigger, trigger
There's no going back
The past is in the past
Thank God it doesn't last forever

There's no going back
Fuck that going back
There's no going back
Fuck that going back

Yesterday was another life
Turning left didn't turn out right
Stuck in hell when I was twenty-five
You can't regret what you don't decide

I should have stayed, should have let go
Should've, could've means you'll never know

(Whoa oh oh oh)
(Whoa oh oh oh)

There's no going back
When life's a loaded gun, you pull the trigger, trigger
There's no going back
The past is in the past
Thank God it doesn't last forever

There's no going back
Fuck that going back
There's no going back
Fuck that going back

The future I'm living now
Is not what I'd thought it'd be
The person I was before
Is nothing like me
The future I'm living now
Is the way that I want it to be
The minute I walk through the door
I slam it behind me

There's no going back
When life's a loaded gun, you pull the trigger, trigger
There's no going back
The past is in the past
Thank God it doesn't last forever

There's no going back
Fuck that going back
There's no going back
Fuck that going back

No comments:

Post a Comment