Donations to Discovery

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Road Tripping' w/ my 2 Favorite Allies

From the Red Hit Chili Peppers "Road Tripping" -
Road trippin' with my two favorite allies 
Fully loaded we got snacks and supplies 
It's time to leave this town 
It's time to steal away 
Let's go get lost 
Anywhere in the U.S.A. 

Chorus: 
Let's go get lost 
Let's go get lost 
Blue you sit so pretty 
West of the one 
Sparkles light with yellow icing 
Just a mirror for the sun 
Just a mirror for the sun 
Just a mirror for the sun 

Today I took it easy, sat around the campfire and picked up my Trek 3700 from Marble Falls Bikes. Mike McKenna did a great job on it and also installed 2 new gnarly Mavis tires on it.
I came back to ILSP and ride around the park for an hour and then watched the sun set over Inks Lake while enjoying a Fat Tire over the campfire.
My right knee is OK - just some bruising but my left knee (the bum one) is hurting is bad I can't walk very far on it so I couldn't hike today like I wanted  to.
The good news is I can still ride a bike and that's what this blog is all about.
My plan right now is to get up early in the morning, do the 27 mile road loop I had planned and then load up and  hit the road southwest to South Llano River State Park which is south of Junction Tx.
With what I have right now in my truck I am totally self sustained and could park hop indefinitely....
Road Tripping' Baby somewhere in the USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment