Donations to Discovery

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

It's been Awhile...

Since I've been this freaking sore.

My legs, back and chest feel like I've been beat with a baseball bat.

Courtesy of a 20 minute marathon brawl Monday with Cindy (20 min AMRAP of 5 pullups, 10 pushups and 15 air squats)....

And yesterday's 5 minute ass kicking from Grace (5 minutes to do 30 reps of a 135# clean and jerk).

So what do I do when I'm feeling like this?

I make good, comforting, nutritious high protein food and I eat.

It's been awhile since I've made my Ground Turkey Breast mix but here's how it goes...

Start with 99% lean Ground Turkey breast.



Season liberally with salt, pepper, a mix of Curry Powder, Garam Masala, Allspice and Cumin and a dash of Cayenne Pepper.


Make a wet mix of 1 egg, honey mustard, Kikkoman, Balsamic, Worcestershire and Tabasco and add to the seasoned turkey breast.


I like a crunch raw veggie element for some texture so this time I added Broccoli slaw.

I normally add raw onions, peppers, squash, apple to the mix but this time I had some fire roasted veggies - sweet onion, Bell - Poblano - Jalapeno peppers, pineapple, fuji apple, squash and portabello mushrooms - so I diced those up and added that to the mix.

\

Here's the mix - all ready for burgers, chili, spaghetti, meat loaf, tacos or whatever you would add ground meat to.


For breakfast, I cooked up some TJ's Spicy Jalapeno Chicken Sausage....


And served with Eggs, Grits and some of the roasted veggies and fruit.


And 2 open faced tomato and olive focaccia turkey mix sliders for lunch with TJ's spicy hummus, tomato and avocado on the sliders and TJ's simple potato salad on the side.

It's been awhile....

Since I ate like this and it does a Body Good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=araU0fZj6oQ

No comments:

Post a Comment