Donations to Discovery

Friday, March 31, 2017

I think I need help...

I have been working incredibly hard over the past 6 - 8 weeks on my Praxis CrossFit workouts trying to fill the many holes in my fitness game including double unders, handstand walks, muscle-ups and the Olympic lifts.

Mondays and Wednesdays I do the 9:00 am CrossFit class and then stay for the 10:00 am Olympic lifting class to work on Snatches, Split Jerks, Cleans and Overhead Squats.

It's like trying to teach a very old Dog new Tricks but I am committed to this lifestyle and to the goals and plans of competing in upcoming Masters Division of CrossFit competitions.

I wanted to enter the Railyard Games being put on my Sandia CrossFit April 8 and 9 in Albuquerque but still don't have command of the prerequisite Double Unders so will just have to wait until I become proficient at them.

I am taking in at least 125 - 150g of protein a day, trying to eat as clean as possible and getting at least 8 hours of sleep a night and limiting alcohol consumption.

Progress has been slow but steady but I am getting stronger.


More on what this PR 385 means on the next post.

No doubt at 180#, I am heavier and less lean than I have been in the past but the 5 CrossFit workouts and 2 Olympic Lifting classes a week are requiring me to be stronger and that means more muscle and more muscle means more weight.


As my son said..... CrossFit is NOT Bodybuilding.


Some might say that the savage assault I have put on my body is nuts.

Maybe I do need help....

I think I need help
Cause I've put myself through hell

If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

If the path to being the best I can be leads through Hell,
Then so be it.

But if I have to explain -
You wouldn't get it anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment