Donations to Discovery

Friday, April 3, 2015

Leaving Santa Fe

Sorting through a lot of emotions right now.

Had just started making a few acquaintances in Santa Fe through a couple of MeetUp groups.

The Achilles Heel injury and recent allergy attack dampened my ability to take full advantage of my time in Santa Fe - that and the decision not to have a rental car for most of the time.

With all that said, my experience in Santa Fe was very positive and enjoyable.  I was pretty sure I would like it there and I was right.

People come to Santa Fe and stay in Santa Fe because they choose to - and that choice represents a different perspective, lifestyle and life goals that what I have been used to dealing with throughout my life.

People in Santa Fe are not so driven and stressed and rushed - probably because many have retired and come to Santa Fe to relax and enjoy the rest of their life in a pleasurable environment abundant in the bounties of nature, culture and art with positive overtones of  "just let it be".

I am returning to Texas to visit family, see my knee doctor about my Achilles Heel injury and to make critical decisions that will affect my future - vocation, location, relationships.

I kinda feel like I'm starting over... sort of like 30 years ago when I left college in Beaumont.

It's often said that Life is a Circle... and I feel like I've made the loop.

So what's next....

I don't know....

One thing Life has taught me is that it's OK to say....

I don't know.

2 comments:

  1. And the winner is...... Saint Faith. Congratulations places that never got a fair shot, your Zumba classes and Starbucks seats are safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have faith in Saint Faith.... the Blue Skies and Low Humidity has won out over Rain and Hail. The Prodigal Old Man returns.

    ReplyDelete