Donations to Discovery

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Back to the Beginning... CrossFit WMD in Angleton Tx

Just over a year ago, March 22nd, I started doing CrossFit at CrossFitWMD.

While a lot has changed over the past year and I have worked out at 3 different CrossFit boxes, there is still a soft place in my heart and a hardened body that knows CrossFitWMD will always be home.

Nothing has changed except maybe the WOD's are even harder and more creative.



The warm-up is still harder than most people's workout....

And then there are 3 workouts in one....

Core Complex
Auxiliary Work
Specialty Work


And the Pursuit of Perfect Paleo continues.

With Chicken breast and Baked Sweet Potato over salad with strawberries.


I had to substitute Rows for Jumping Rope but the Beatdown remains the same.


My friend Steve, sent me this incredible picture.... good thing to see between WOD's.


That's my sister, Diana, a 62 year old CrossFit prodigy from Eufaula Alabama.


And there's my mentor, Will Black, tending the CrossFit board.


Let me tell you something..... if my 62 year old sister can do this, you can too!


In lieu of the Double Under practice, Diana and I rowed for 15 minutes.  Diana's taking a 30 second break here to towel the sweat off.

She did 1650 meters and I did 2050 meters.

Not bad for a 62 and a 52 year old.


You pick your battles and your battlefield.....

This is where I've decided to make my stand.

CrossFit.


5 sets of 5 front squats to a max of 195# 

then a 15 min AMRAP WOD

I did 50 Single Unders vs the 20 Double Unders 
and then 10 Power Cleans with 115#

for 7 rounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment