Donations to Discovery

Monday, February 17, 2014

Strength increases at any age....

Talked to this older lady this morning in my Body Pump class. Noticed during the biceps track (which is like 5 mins long and 120 reps) that she was gritting her teeth on every rep obviously putting out a max effort. I'm guessing this lady is in her mid 60s. She is thin and her arms were showing real muscle and definition even veins during the biceps curls. When we got done with the set I walked over and complemented her and said "Geez Mary... You're putting on some muscle there. You look great." And she said "You know.... I wouldn't have believed I could get stronger at my age... But I am". I put my hands together and bowed to her and said "I'm impressed. Rock on Mary".

The Human Body will adapt and become stronger at any age if you put in the work.

I see it everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment