Donations to Discovery

Sunday, August 11, 2019

Some tips for Santa Fe Women from a Country Boy from Texas

I gotta laugh a little at this title as I begin this post because it's already starting out about like hitting a hornet's nest with a stick.

First off, from what I've experienced, Santa Fe people in general don't like people from Texas.

To which when I hear that attitude coming my way, I reply real quickly....

"Yep - you don't like people from Texas - but you goddamn sure like our money.  Hell - if it wasn't for people from Texas spending their money in this beautiful desert called New Mexico and especially Santa Fe, the State of New Mexico would've been bankrupt a long time ago."

That seems to shut their ass up real quick - cause they know it's true.

Now that I've gotten this post off on the wrong foot, I might as well back foot it a little more with a song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7ZQytOqmCk

Maybe I'm always on the backfoot cause I write blog posts like this or at least think in a way that generates ideas and content for blog posts like this.

Regardless, I'm not smart enough to NOT write blog posts like this, i.e. keep my thoughts like this to myself, but I am smart enough to provide a list of conditions and qualifications at the beginning for reader consideration:
  • I am not a Woman Hater - in fact, as far as I'm concerned, I love, respect and adore women and a woman's company as much or more than any man I know.
  • I do realize I have as many or more faults, foibles and failures than any 10 people out there and that I, in no way, have any right, privilege or position to point at, pontificate or personalize any criticism for anybody else - but that ain't gonna stop me from doing it.
  • This information is presented in a sarcastic, tongue in cheek, dry humor kind of way, however it is based on nearly 5 years of attentive observations, experiences, encounters, episodes and actual events.
  • It is also presented in the same way that I receive similar critical information about men in general and myself specifically, and this is a many splintered, multi-faceted consideration, so just hear me out.
  • When people critique me, my initial and spontaneous internal reaction is to defend myself or rebut how that individual's criticism is WRONG, however, in nearly every criticism I receive, there is something to be learned - either about myself because most, some part or derivative of what the person is saying is true - OR it tells me something about the person who is delivering the criticism, i.e. they are revealing how they think or perceive the World around them and the people in it - like me.
  • So either way - there's data there - whether it's usable, meaningful or actionable - usually depends on the source AND how willing I am to "let the information in".
  • I, personally and personality and relationship-wise, am No Cake Walk.  In fact, I'm downright weird - or should  I say - Fringe! https://willsonwheels.blogspot.com/2016/06/are-you-fringe-person.html - so take all of what follows with and in consideration of the understanding of where it's coming from.
  • Finally - probably the main driving force for writing this post is that I hear so many Santa Fe women bitching about the fact that there are No Good Men around in Santa Fe or the "low humidity" of dating in Santa Fe, to which I kinda have to back up and marvel, because my first thought is "Hey Honey - while you're bitching about the Men in Santa Fe - why don't you take a look in the mirror of your body, mind and spirit and look at what the other side is looking at."
So, I guess what I'm saying is, that if you experience any feeling of being singled out or identifying with any of these funny little finger points, just relax about it.

I derive the most amount of comedy and humor in life in laughing at myself.

But sometimes, in the comedy or hopeless helplessness of being the dumb ass that I am about myself, the people I come in contact and interact with and my existence on this earth in general, I learn something....

And that learning / emerging awareness gives me pause and consideration and every once in a while - I make an adjustment / change based on that.

So if any of the following characteristics hit home with you - if you look like it, act like it and / or identify with it, then Own It.

If you don't like it but realize it to be true, then give it thoughtful consideration and perhaps consider doing something about it.

Without further bullshit, product disqualification or conditions, I present to you, in no particular order of importance or priority, the top 10 or 20 or 100 Tips for Santa Fe women from this dumb ole country boy from Texas:
  1. I have found that a lot of the Santa Fe women have tended to over embrace the "Natural Look". I'm not really sure what the Source of this is or why they choose to pursue this but the Net Effect is IMHO, not so good. Part of this, I think, is this whole Feminist "I am Woman - Hear me Roar" attitude / perspective that a lot of women embody in Santa Fe.  I mean, I try to get this and understand and empathize with it, but frankly, based on my experience and observation, the World has over compensated for this whole downtrodden women thing.  I know personally, I have been taken advantage of by women far more times than vice versa and I have witnessed and been detrimentally affected by Women being favored over men in the workplace and in common social situations.  Anyway - points 2 - 8 address the whole "Natural Look" thing.
  2. Put on some fucking make-up for God and Man's sake will ya?
  3. Do something with your hair - and I'm not talking about cutting it any shorter - Jesus - you already look like a man anyway with that short hair - how about growing it out a little bit and spending some time on it?  There are a few men out there that like women with shorter hair but for the most part - and I think I'm right on this - there's nothing like a woman with shoulder length or longer hair. And I know - it takes time, effort and money to deal with longer hair but believe me, it's worth it in the eye of this beholder.
  4. Eat something. I mean like some real food. I ain't gonna get off on the whole Vegan bashing thing. Hell I eat more fresh and cooked veggies than any 10 vegetarians I know but I see so many of these women in Santa Fe look like something from an Auschwitz Concentration Camp. Hey - if that's attractive to you - then Rock the Fuck on. Me? - I want a little meat on them bones and in my Meals.
  5. Work out a little bit - and Geez - I'm not talking about Yoga - I'm talking about Resistance Training or Progressive Weight Training or HIIT.  Put a little intensity into your body and make it look like it could handle more than a 5 mph wind blowing it over.  Let me tell ya something folks, there is nothing more attractive to this DOCB (dumb ole country boy) than a woman working out - doing squats or deadlifts or shoulder presses or any sort of structured weight training. And I will say I work out with a lot of Fiercely and Exotically Gorgeous Women at Anytime Fitness in Santa Fe, mostly of the Hispanic persuasion - which I am so partial to - problem is they're either too young for me or already married or with partners or whatever - or just probably see me for what I am - this weird old Gringo who likes to work out.
  6. Wear some attractive form-fitting clothes assuming you have a form to fit which goes back to #4 and #5 if you don't. And not some drab colored mono chrome earth tones or black or gray or whatever. Show some legs, some arms - lose the long sleeve blouse thing in the summer. Santa Fe is a Community of the colors of the Southwest which are bright, vivid, contrasting and attention grabbing.  Think about that when you dress.
  7. Wear a bra - PLEASE!  Preferably a push-up supportive bra.  Do I need to say more about this? No - I don't think so.
  8. Get some sun - put some color on that skin - and before you lecture me about skin cancer - realize I'm talking about reasonable and measured exposure (based on published tables / studies for Age, skin type, geographical location, season, etc.) to one of the most important, body critical nutrients available - Natural, from the Sun Vitamin D.  And all the research and recent studies that I've read and studied and seen data on suggests and specify that natural exposure to the sun and the resulting absorption of Vitamin D is ANTI-CANCEROUS and more importantly, Cancer, in general and in the proportion of cause, is Created, Sustained and Grown from consumption of too much sugar, i.e. carbohydrates, so exposure to the Sun is not what most people should be worried about - it's exposure to and consumption of too many "bad carbs" aka grains, bread, pasta, high sugar fruits, high-glycemic index and "hidden sugar" processed foods.  I guess some people consider pasty white a "Natural and Healthy" look - I am not one of them.
  9. Smile and Act Happy - this is a tough one for me to describe or expand on because I see the 2 extremes but not much in between.  For the most part, a lot of these Santa Fe Women who are not happy with the Men in Santa Fe, don't look happy, which is kind of a vicious social and surface circle, I guess.  Maybe if they acted and looked happier aka Fake it to Make it, they would get more positive masculine attention - I don't know.  
  10. Don't Smile so Much - On the other hand and on the opposite end of the spectrum is the population of Santa Fe women who run around with this fake angelic, shit eating grin on their face.  Holy Shit - you talk about a 100% contra indicator for internal happiness and normality - that's it if I've ever saw and experienced one.  In fact, I have created a "Never" approach / red flag / don't go there scorched earth policy on this characteristic.  In a nutshell, if a woman has an eternally blissful smile on her face, I turn and run the other way.
  11. Cook a Meal for a Man - Oh boy, Wills - you just stepped off in it on that one.  I mean - Come on Folks - there is nothing sexier or more attractive to a Man than having a woman take and make the effort to plan, prepare and cook a good sit down meal. And it is so fucking rare in Santa Fe.  What is wrong with that picture and how on God's Green Earth are women missing that important element to nurturing a relationship with a man so badly?  I am shocked, amazed, disappointed and discouraged at the lack of Women in Santa Fe making this effort.  Gotta move on from this one because it is so near and dear to my stomach and heart and my stomach and heart are pretty empty because of it - or lack of it. And FWIW and FTR, I have cooked 10 times more from scratch, 4 or more course meals for Women in Santa Fe than vice versa.
  12. Quit talking about Politics and how bad this Country is and how the World is going to hell in a handbasket.  Geez - that is the most attraction-killing thing you can do.  I, and to be truthful and realistic, most men, don't wanna hear you bitch about Trump and border immigration and about how so many classes and races of people are being oppressed by our government and how we need better gun control.  Just STFU about all that and talk about something positive and uplifting - like the workouts you're not doing - see #5 and the bra you're not wearing - see #7.
  13. If you are gonna insist on talking about all the Bullshit of the World from #12, do some actual research and due diligence on all these controversial subjects you are so fucking passionate about and wanna bitch about - and get some facts, some real scientific or non-bias, non-CNN, media-driven sources and I mean multiple, repeatable, consistent sources - so you actually know WTF you're talking about.  My bullshit meter is pretty good - and I, personally, don't talk about shit I haven't done my due diligence on - and I expect that and am attracted to that from the Women I come in contact with.  Situation Critical on this one!
  14. Quit smoking so much weed!  Geez - this fucking town is eat up with potheads.  I'm still on the fence on the benefits / detriments of the whole CBD / THC thing.  I haven't done enough of the in-depth due diligence research, per #13 above, to intelligently support / criticize its use.  And I do understand that it has a long list of supposed benefits for pain and inflammation and other body compromising conditions / diseases - I got it - you don't need to keep telling me all that.  One thing I do know is that THC is processed through the liver and, as such, compromises and or occupies liver function for other important bodily functions so that's not good.  In addition, based on my own experience and many and ongoing observations of others under the influence of Weed and all it's derivatives and forms - It makes you fucking stupid and slow and less than reasonably coherent.  It slows down / impairs my mind, body and spirit function and that's not a good thing.
  15. Treat the Men you meet or are interested in as good or better than you do your dog. Don't even get me started on this one cause I could run this hound till the Cows come home.  It simply shocks and amazes me that so many women in Santa Fe give so much more attention, priority , status, effort, time and consideration to their dogs than they do their male company.  Let me tell you something - Women of Santa Fe - when you're with me - your dog is just that, a dog - not a person - which means it's below me in status and existence and priority of your time and attention - so act accordingly.  And control the dog - make it mind.  Any woman or person in general that has a dog with no discipline and no obedience is not doing themselves or the dog any favors, and frankly, exhibits characteristics of lack of self-discipline themselves.  Not attractive.
  16. Lose the "snootiness" and high brow attitude about "structured dancing". Oh boy - have I had a lot of experience and I mean bad experiences with this one.  First off, let me explain - Santa Fe is famous for its "dancing community" and by dancing community, I'm talking about Swing, 2-Step, Salsa, Tango blah blah blah.  And if you don't know how to do any or all of these kinds of dancing, there's a lot of women in Santa Fe that discount you and literally, will criticize or shun you just based on that - which is fucking mind blowingly amazing to me.  I mean I can dance like a MF'er to freestyle, unstructured, dance with the beat type of dancing and to me, that is much more difficult and artistic and athletically challenging than the same old step over and over again aka structured dancing.  But me and the Women in Santa Fe are so far apart on this specific element that I just don't think there's any use trying to address it.  It's a real pity because live rock / alternative and freestyle dance music listening and appreciation and the dancing that goes with it is WAY up there on my Core List of Life Priorities and it is so missing in the population of the Women of Santa FE.
  17. Quit worrying about Men taking advantage of you - I'm not one of them.  Geez - you wouldn't believe how many women have told me their "horror" stories about men trying to take advantage of them by trying to get money out of them or "tricking" them into buying dinner or whatever.  Frankly - I wanna find out who these "Men" MF'ers are and kick their asses and tell the women - you know what - if you're gonna be Miss Independent and purport and strut the whole "I am Woman - greatest thing on earth" walk then pony up every once in a while and just drop the "Oh - let's go Dutch" thing and buy dinner for me. It ain't gonna kill ya - believe me, you're gonna get a lot more out of me in the long run adopting that attitude than you are the other one. I mean - whether you want to admit it or not - it's expensive for a man to date a woman in Santa Fe - I've written about this before - https://willsonwheels.blogspot.com/search?q=rising+cost+of+loving - and I've been on the receiving end of women of taking advantage of me financially my whole fucking life - so if you're looking for some sympathy from me on this subject - DON'T!
  18. Try acting like a Woman instead of a Man - if you don't know what this means and what it looks like and acts like and talks like - GOOGLE IT!
I think that's enough of a list to get me exiled from Santa Fe or at least generate enough negative opinion or hate mail from the SF Feminine Population to keep me isolated and dateless for the next 5 years....

Just like I've been for the last 5 years.

Hey - don't get me wrong - I love Santa Fe and love living here.

I love the weather - except the summer afternoon hailstorms.  

I love the livable 4 Seasons. I love the proximity to the mountains and variety of terrain and all of the outdoor opportunities that provides.  I like the size of it, the relative infrastructure - lack of traffic, hike and bike trails, existence of stores, fitness facilities, architecture, etc. -  and especially the live music and dance scene and availability of all that.  I am not a huge art appreciator but acknowledge and understand the Mecca Santa Fe is for that sort of thing.

What else?

I guess one more disclosure is in order.

I have met a Few Good Women in Santa Fe - I guess they were just too "good" or normal for me or I was too "bad" or abnormal for them.

So there's that.

And more importantly - I didn't come to Santa Fe looking for a relationship or basing my move to Santa Fe on the anticipation of finding one -

And that's probably a good thing.

Cause a Huge Discovery for Discovery is.....

It's slim pickings for that sort of thing in Santa Fe.

No comments:

Post a Comment