Donations to Discovery

Sunday, May 28, 2017

You don't know me!


It never ceases to amaze me how un-self aware (I just made up a new word!) many people are.

They live in their own little world of experiences, priorities, principles, morals, ethics, vices and virtues and assume that the rest of the world shares and practices their values.

And even worse, when you don't they try to convince or coerce you to "see the light" of their blessed life.

The problem with this whole premise is that truth and light is in the eye of the beholder and right and wrong in human behavior is incredibly subjective.

I genuinely try to put myself in the other person's shoes and mind, thoughts and values and understand their perspectives but sometimes it reaches a point where you realize there is a gap of understanding and life principles that will not be closed.

At that point, you just have to tell the other person, you know what....

You don't know me!!!

https://youtu.be/MtfymP-R62M

No comments:

Post a Comment