Donations to Discovery

Saturday, July 4, 2015

It's my Birthday and I'll workout if I want to and eat what I want to!

Holy Mother of Cobblers Batman!

Yes..... that is Blackberry Cobbler.... with blackberries picked wild from the Texas Gulf Coast!


And a pan of scalloped potatoes on deck ready for the oven.


Under Pressure.... Me?  Naaaa..... like water off a duck's back!


This is more like it....

You can take the boy out of Deep East Texas.....

But you can't take the Deep East Texas out of the Boy!


Return to CrossFit WMD!

That's Janet Black, a Master Women's World CrossFit finalists.... 

Doing one of her 3 workouts.


This is the place where my CrossFit journey began....

And I've had a few detours in the past year....

But you know the old saying.....

Home is where the heart is....

And my Heart, Blood, Sweat and Tears is at....

CrossFit WMD.


My request for a birthday present from my sister?

Her world famous Butter Baked Chicken....

Sided with those decadent Scalloped Potatoes....

Oven Baked Beans with Bacon....

And a beautiful salad with garden fresh tomatoes....

With a fresh fruit bowl....

And not 1 but 2 pitchers of homemade Sangria made with lemon juice concentrate, fresh squeezed lemon and orange juice and equal parts of brandy and triple sec with tons of slices of fresh fruit.

I could take a bath in this stuff..... Holy Birthday wishes come true!


This is Southern Home Cooking at its best....

And there is no one better at cooking it than my sister....


And no one better at eating it than me!

Happy Birthday America!

And Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment