Donations to Discovery

Friday, October 26, 2012

It's been a Week of Challenges...


Things had been going too well so I....


When you're faced with tough decisions, for yourself or for others, it's not like there is always a Right Thing to Do. 

Most often, the decision for your path forward may be dependent on your time frame and your goals. 


Hopefully you have someone to talk to, who you can trust to help you. 


Is there really a silver lining in every cloud. 

My survey days "NO!"...


The motor on my Maytag dryer I've had for 25 years went out.... 

I've fixed a broken belt and replaced a heating element over the years. 

This time the repair cost was more than half the cost of a new one...

Time to move on. 


Ever feel like everyday is....


One thing I will not let slip is my workouts and my diet. 

Haven't been making any noticeable progress on either lately. 

Just sticking with at least 2 group exercise classes a day and lots of meat and vegetables. 

Jimmy Dean sausage, Kalamata Olive bread, bell peppers, jalapeños....


Add in grilled Baby Bella mushrooms, an egg, some sliced tomatoes and a few alfalfa sprouts. 


Now that will get your mind off your troubles. 

I was stopped by a trio last night after I finished my TRX suspension class workout and they asked me what I was doing to look so good. 

They remarked at how big and defined my arms and shoulders were and asked if I was taking protein. 

I said "Nope. No supplements.... No vitamins. Just meat, vegetables, fruits and nuts with little or no dairy, bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, etc."

I added that I cooked everything in a cast iron skillet with little or no oil. 

For workouts, I am doing 4 body pump classes per week with at least 6 - 8 cardio / core training / agility classes every week....

So about 10 hours of exercise per week or an average of an hour and a half per day. 

It was nice to have someone notice and complement me on my progress.  

These types of conversations are rare.... 

A fact that has caused me to formulate a theory about Southern culture. 

I'll have more about my experience regarding the "culture of conversation" in the South in a later post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment