Donations to Discovery

Thursday, November 22, 2018

There are Many Mirages in the Desert...

But it only takes One Oasis to Save a Life.

This concept and statement came up in a text conversation I was having with a lady on Bumble.

And Yes - I have recently succumbed to the world of on-line dating.  Well at least for a month or 2 which frankly has probably been a month or 2 too long.

I was always of the mind that you should meet people in the natural course of life but have realized that, after being in Santa Fe NM for 4 years, the natural course of meeting someone my age that is single and not so whacked out on their pets or politics or organic food or not wearing makeup that they represent a reasonable prospect for anything other than hidden aversion.... is pretty fucking slim.

Couple that with a 6-month hiatus from Society in the form of a solo 1900 mile trek on the Continental Divide Trail this year and I decided that once I got back to the relational desert of Santa Fe NM, I would give the on-line dating thing a try and got a couple of recommendations on Bumble so I gave it a try.

And I've learned a few things in the short time and the few experiences I've had with Bumble and the women on it.

The main thing is that, just like me, other people my age have a lot of baggage that comes with them - from past relationships, divorces, kids, their parents, siblings, family, deaths, struggles with alcohol, drugs, food, obesity, family violence - you name it.  Most of the time the reason people are single at my age is because they had problems in the past. Period.

So not only do you have to struggle with your own problems, you also have to learn about and deal with the problems of some new person you're trying to get to know.

And from the few women I have corresponded with on Bumble and the even fewer women I've met in person from Bumble, there are a lot of shitty guys out there that have only their own best interest in mind.

I hate to say "All the good ones are already taken" because I'm sure there's a lot of wonderful older single women out there but the problem is there's a lot of fucked up ones out there too... just like the guys.

And you gotta swipe 1000 sand dunes to the left to get to 100 mirages on the right to get to that 1 Oasis in the Desert.

And by that time...

It could be too late to Save a Life and your Love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjVQ36NhbMk

No comments:

Post a Comment