Donations to Discovery

Monday, February 8, 2016

Google Blogger not allowing mobile input

Hey Sports Fans -

Wanted to let you know one of the reasons I have not posting as much as usual is that it appears Google Blogger - this platform - is not allowing inputs of any kind from a mobile device, i.e. my iPhone.

My normal way of doing posts with pictures is that I text message the photos straight to my blog from my phone.  This is done through an MMS input to the Blogger platform.  I then access and edit the post from my laptop to add the written part of each post.

This is by far the fastest and easiest way to get multiple photos to the blog.

When this has failed in the past, the 2nd choice is to email the photos to the blog but this is restricted to 5 photos at a time.

If this doesn't work, I use an app called "BlogPress" that also allows me to upload up to 5 photos at a time from my phone to my blog.

None of these options are working indicating to me there is a problem on the Google Blogger end.  This has been going on for 4 days now....

I have Googled the problem to see if there is any record of it and can't find anything.

Will keep working on it but be aware that I will not post as much in terms of pictures because of this problem.

The path to getting pictures onto a post now is quite a bit more complicated than that described above:

  • Email pictures to my email account 5 pics at a time.
  • Download the pics from the emails to my laptop hard drive.
  • Access the blog and upload the photos from the laptop hard drive to the particular post I'm working on.
Depending on how many pics I want to put on a post, this is a 15 - 20 minute process compared to a 30 second process where I just select the photos on my iPhone and text them straight to the blog.

Technology is great..... when it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment