Donations to Discovery

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Finding a Hole in the Earth... Old Habits die hard... And that's a good thing!

This song pops up on several different iHeart Radio Stations I subscribe to...

And there might be a reason for that.

Despite our best efforts to change, it's always best to....

Be Yourself.


Took my first stroll down to the Santa Fe Plaza since coming back and what did I find...

But a bunch of closed up tents.... for the Festival de Santa Fe....

Where there is a festival.... there is money to be made.... 

Some things just never change, no matter where you are.


Had to get away from all the commercial stuff so pointed my toes toward the Cathedral Basilica of St Francis of Assissi....


Aaah.... Now this is a place I might like.... Cathedral Park!


At least the Santa Fe City Council had sense enough to keep the animals out.


Sometimes you just have to find your own little Hole in the Earth and set up camp.

Kinda what I'm doing now.


Went and got the Blue Trek 1500....


2 boxes of camping / hiking gear....


All my winter clothes...


and a box full of kitchen and biking gear from the Condo Owner I'm renting from. She was nice enough to store it for me till I came back.... which was kind of an incentive for coming back...


Having Hummus and carrots and watching Naked and Afraid... one of my favorite Discovery Channel shows.


Decided to make a main course of roasted chicken breast well seasoned with my African-Moroccan spice mix, thin sliced kalamata olive bread and slices of baked sweet potato with cinnamon...


Makes a nice little open faced sandwich with Jack Cheese, honey mustard, Sricha sauce and tomatoes with sweet onion and FRESH RAW jalapenos for a side...


Watching Jesse Stone with dinner and a Rum and Coke with lime.... Hey you can't watch Jesse Stone without a drink.


It's an Old Habit....


And Old Habits are sometimes a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment