Donations to Discovery

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Friday Evening WOD and A-ha Ahi Tuna


Warmup at the WMD corral...

9" Seated Box Jumps - huh???

Yeah that's what I said...

Basically your ass is sitting on a 9" box -

Ass below horizontal plane...

And in one motion without leaning forward you explode vertically and jump up on a 20", 24" and 30" high box - 10 times at each height.

Was hesitant with this one at first, but like many things in Life, once I wrapped my Mind around the Concept and Committed to it, My Body wasn't far behind and I knocked out this Crazy Movement at all box heights.

And actually I loved doing them!!!

15 min AMRAP.... As Many Reps As Possible....

T2B - Toes 2 Bar.... No problem....

But my Core and Shoulder busting Overhead Squats showed up again....

You just can't let these lay can you Will?

And Double Unders?

I can't even do these SOBs and Will does a WOD with OHS and DUs back to back.

I love that guy.

So in what may be best described as the ugliest, nastiest WOD I have done laced with much cussing, loss of temper, moaning, groaning, spitting and foaming at the mouth....

I muscled my way to a Poor but Memorable WOD performance.

And speaking of Performance....

Scorched Earth starting Saturday at 8 am at CrossFit WMD...

Love the Gas Masks on the Boxes!!!

And my absolute favorite person at CrossFit WMD.... Emily...

Lemme tell you there is an inspirational story behind this angelic face and I don't know the whole story but....

Suffice it to say that this Young Lady is Amazing!!!!


And speaking of amazing, that's pretty amazing there Wills....

Or should I say Wills Lite!!

Moving on to supper...

Something new in my Paleo Protein world...

Ahi Tuna....

And the Usual Veggies and Fruit suspects...

Veggie medley in the Dutch Oven including a fine dice of that little orange fellow above.... Mr. Habanero!

Don't freak out.... in this Sea of Veggies.... the Habbie is just another Shark.... A Great White!

You can See it and Feel it and it's threatening.... But Exciting!!!


Geez - that is a Thing of Beauty!!

Charlie's looking about right...

Veggies are done too!

Plate with grapes, mango, julienned Basil and a drizzle of EVOO and Fig-infused Balsamic Vinegar and a final dusting of S&P and side with the standard Creatine mix - Fresca - Sangria combo....

One of the Best Meals I have ever had and the Right Way to Close Out a Challenging Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment